For Teens & Young Women!
. By Young Women . Activism
& Feminism . For Parents of
Teens . Links
- A Young Woman's Survival Guide - covers health, body image, sexuality, substance abuse, nutrition, fitness.
- Contraception & Family Planning - Reaction to Book on Fertility Charting for Teens
- Read definitions
and submit your own.
you can use for free - from Pro-Choice
Education Project (PEP)
- F-Word Zine - a publication that strives to expose/defeat all the bad "isms" in the world.
and HIV/AIDS Work in Bangkok, Thailand
- tell your senators you oppose abstinence-only sex
Links - take action
- Girls' Bill of Rights
from Girls, Inc. - a strong statement for strong girls
you can buy things here to support pro-choice
- Teen Talking Circles
30 Under 30 - new leaders
for reproductive rights
- Generation Awards - to young pro-choice leaders
- A video called Voices of Choice: Physicians Who Provided Abortions Before Roe v. Wade documents the courageous stories of illegal and legal abortion provision prior to 1973 as told by the physicians who provided these essential health services and those who worked on abortion reform
- Where do I vote? Find your polling place here.
- Declare Yourself - voter education for young people.
- Voter X.com - concerts and activism to encourage young people to vote.
- 1000Flowers.org - We liked the imagery of colorful flowers, and dreamed of gardens of engaged citizens blooming across the country. We wanted to do something fun, edgy and effective so we launched the "Nail the Election" campaign to reach women voters in 1000 nail and beauty salons across the country. We are a non-partisan, non-profit effort aimed at registering voters -- especially single women -- to ensure that our democratic process is more inclusive of all voices.
- YOUR VOTE YOUR CHOICE - learn all the reasons why young people should vote.
- Abstinence-only Shortchanges Students: States Move Toward Alternative Sex-Ed Models - Why "abstinence only until marriage" sex education is not working.
- R U Thinking about sex and relationships - a special website to give you answers to your questions.
your suggestions for this page.
August 4, 2010
am not an angry girl, but it seems like i've got everyone fooled. every time i
say something they find hard to hear, they chalk it up to my anger and never to
their own fear..."
- ani difranco
Feminist Women's Health Center